Skip to main content

Wynwood Park Your Art Contest- La Ren Originals a Winner!






This year has been a whirlwind of many things for me. Between balancing kids, home and a new business, needless to say I have had my hands full. However, as the year is coming to a close I feel a great sense of accomplishment in winning a contest for this years 2016 Art Basel season.









I was sitting late one night with my husband and came across the open call for artists, on craigslists of all places and decided that I was going to give my best shot and create a custom pinup pop art for the occasion. The theme was "I love 305", which was easy for me, as my roots are Dade county born. Below is the letter I sent Bee Free Media


la ren originals
Ariel Amore in a La Ren Original Pop Art




Proposal for Pay Meter Contest 2015 

Greetings,  
My name is Lauren Adams, owner and operator of La Ren Original photography in Boca Raton, 
Florida. I am so proud to submit to you today my plans for the “I love 305” Park-your-Art contest for this year’s Art Basel season.  

I want to begin by telling you a little bit about myself. I was born in Miami in the mid 1980’s, 
when the destruction of hurricane Andrew forced my family to move more north. However my parents 
love for the area and South Florida didn’t take us far, and I spent the rest of my childhood in Coral 
Springs. However Miami was always close in our hearts, my father even worked as an accountant for a commission after the hurricane to allocate funds to the citizens of the county to help rebuild. I have a 
vivid memory of taking long drives up the coast on weekends to reach Miami Beach. There, my parents would take me all over to my favorite spots. Parrot Jungle, Coral Castle, the Sequarium, and Dairy Queen are just some that top my long list. I loved seeing the people walking by the water, women in gorgeous fashions and the beautiful houses and stores. 
I am a Florida girl through and through and even at a young age the water, beach, and cityscape influenced my art and mindset. I entered into an Art magnets program at the age of 9, and ever since then I have spent my life exploring various aspects of art media including painting, sculpting, mixed media and photography. I constantly look to my home for inspiration, and Miami has lent me my thro understanding of different cultures, time periods and styles. I feel blessed to have been able to grow up around such rich cultures in a melting pot of human experiences.  
As I have grown I have focused my attentions to the painting and photography of vintage pop art, pinup portraits and have been internationally published in pinup and lifestyle magazines. Among other things, I imagine what Miami and Florida was like in the late 40s and 50s and I combine that with the vibrant modern colors that are iconic of Florida, Miami Beach and its arts districts today.  

My submission piece is entitled “With Love from the 305” and is reflection of my love for the 
vintage pop art that Miami integrated on me throughout my life. In the style of my influencers such as 
Any Warhol, Varga, and Elvgren, I present a truly vibrant Artwork that is sure to grab plenty attention 
with is bold and contrasting colors. At its center is a classic pinup (a local pinup model named Ariel 
Amoure- who will be present for live painting if chosen) as I imagine her on Miami Beach in the 1950’s 
with a modern representation of the newer Miami Skyline behind her. As she looks upon the city she is 
overwhelmed with love and happiness and must yell out to the world “I LOVE 305”! I plan on creating 
this piece with premium heat resistant acrylic paints and vinyl.
Lauren Adams 

www.larenoriginal.com  



Custom graphic for Park you art contest by La Ren Original


As a winner of this years Park your Art contest for the Art Basel 2016 season, I will be live painting my work of art onto a Miami transit authority parking meter featuring model Ariel Amoure and print graphics by John Zollo. 

-There will be seven winners selected in total as there are seven Wynwood parking meters.
-Each winner will be designated 1 parking meter to paint their artwork. Location of your parking meter will be at our discretion.
-Winners are required paint their artwork live (themselves) on Thursday, November 19, 2015. Time will be given to winner upon follow up call/email.
-Winners will have their name displayed accordingly on artwork. This will allow artists to gain exposure during Miami’s Art Basel 2015 season.
-Artwork on parking meter will remain displayed until Wynwood’s Park-Your-Art 2016.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Magical glows in Photoshop- how to guide

I got a lot of compliments on my magical glowing book photo and some questions on how it was made. So I thought I would put together this quick how to guide on how to capture and edit your own magical glowing book or object photo and edit it in Lightroom and Photoshop. I made this shot using my Nikon D3300 with a Sigma 17-50mm 2.8. Its actually a really fun and easy set up for any manual dslr, that almost anybody of any camera skill can do! There's no external flash or lighting setups, so the only things you will need for this is a book or object in which to illuminate, a cell phone or flashlight, and a person. Grab what you need and download my ready made golden glow and sparkle overlay HERE   Please upload and share your glow pictures with me at  www.facebook.com/larenpix  I would love to see everyone's creations!!!!  1. Should be shot in a relatively dark room. I did mine in my living room with the lights out, but had some soft illumination from our n

Reinventing retro and vintage clothing with Rit Dyemore

From drab to fab with Rit Dyemore!  Reinventing retro and vintage clothing Article by: Ashleigh Simon Videos and photography by: La Ren Originals How often do you look in your closet and think, “I wish i could update my wardrobe.”? Do you have vintage or retro pieces that are stained or just unflattering? No need to buy new clothing, you just have to get creative! If you have a dress that has sleeves, and have gotten your use out of it, that's when it's perfect to cut the sleeves off and make it a summer dress.  Another option would be to add length or shorten a piece. Doing things like this will keep your wardrobe current for each season. I'm sure most of you have that one dress you wore once, and it's been sitting in your closet  since side ponytails were cool. Sometimes all you need is a broach, flower, or adding a nice trim. But when adding accessories doesn't cut it, re-vamp them by dying them. In the example below we took this retro wedding

Behind the scenes -Vintage Boudoir with Ruby Tesla

La Ren Originals photography in Boca Raton, FL takes you  behind the scenes at their studio to give you an exclusive  look into one of our premium boudoir photoshoots! Boudoir is all about your own special beauty and sensuality. It’s about the experience and how it can make you feel about yourself. A boudoir session can be very empowering and FUN while preserving your experience for years to come! Book today and you may even be featured in  Delicious Dolls Magazine !  Come subscribe to our youtube channel and get all our behind the scenes right to your inbox!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_xFgx3-wg Come visit us at www.larenoriginal.com